Navigating life, food and travel in and around Northamptonshire
Don’t believe there’s anything to do in Northamptonshire?
Well, I’m here to tell you that there is PLENTY to navigate and enjoy in this county! My blog is all about promoting what is good about Northamptonshire, so whether you live in, work in or love the county as much as I do, then keep reading…
Here is how YOU can navigate Northamptonshire during April/May:
Navigating food & drink
- One of the county’s biggest food and drink festivals makes a return in May: The Althorp Food & Drink Festival which is expected to feature lots of culinary delights, chef demonstrations and activities for the little one’s.
- Vintage Retreat in Northampton will be hosting Vegan Fest which will give local people the chance to shop local, ethical and green as well as taste some amazing food and drink.
- Stuck for Easter Day dinner plans? Come to Highgate House Hotel on Sunday 21st April between 12pm – 3pm to enjoy a delicious three course traditional lunch in their Terrance Restaurant.
- Northampton Town Football Club will be hosting their Celebrity Charity Football Match at Sixfields Stadium. This game will take place on Sunday April 28th 2019 with the proceeds split between Archie’s Fund and the club’s own Community Trust.
- Mooch has announced they are opening two more shops in Towcester and Olney this Spring, following on from success on St Giles Street and at Bell of Northampton. Have a ‘mooch’ for gorgeous independent handmade gifts.
- Best selling thriller novel, The Girl On The Train, comes to life on stage at Royal & Derngate between Monday 22nd – Saturday 27th April.
- The Jungle Book is a wildly entertaining adventure for the whole family at The Lighthouse Theatre, Kettering on Saturday 18th May brought to you by Jordan Productions in association with Wicked Productions.
- If you thought Pantomime was only at Christmas, think again! The Deco Theatre are back with their Easter pantomime: Beauty & The Beast starring Kerry Katona which guarantees to be fun for the whole family!
Navigating family events
- Delapre Abbey will be hosting a ‘sweet’ event for the whole family to get involved with: The Delapre Chocolate Factory (Friday 19th – Sunday 21st April) will give families a chance to solve the chocolate factory puzzles and earn golden tickets that you can exchange for chocolate experiences around the Abbey.
- Abington Park Museum is hosting an Easter Egg Trail between Tuesday 16th – Monday 22nd April 1pm – 5pm where every child that enters will receive a chocolate Easter egg!
- West Lodge Rural Centre in Desborough is hosting an Easter Quiz. Follow clues around the farm which will lead you to the Easter Bunny and receive an Easter egg, paint an egg, take part in the egg and spoon race and egg painting competition.